FAQ Dance Info
We're going to be very strict about vaccinations, testing and masking. The point is to have fun, avoid problems for others and dance safely!
- Pre-dance masking
- We want you to come dance with us, so please wear a mask whenever you're out and about during the week+ prior to the dance.
- We require you to be up-to-date on your COVID vaccinations and boosters. For information on what is considered "up-to-date," please see The CDC vaccine page.
- Pre-weekend testing
- If feasible, get a PCR test in the few days prior to your arrival. If getting a PCR is not feasible, then please take (and pass!) a rapid test a few days prior to the dance.
- Daily testing
- You'll need to show us a very recent rapid test as you arrive for the Friday dance as well as your first dance on Saturday and on Sunday. We'll dispose of them correctly. "Recent" means "today, a couple of hours ago or less." If you prefer, initial your stick then take a time-stamped photo of the stick to show us.
We expect you to provide your own test kits. They are readily available, often at low or no cost through your health insurance or here:
- Masked dancing
- We require you to correctly wear an N94, N95 or KN95 mask whenever you are inside, whether dancing or taking a break. All the time, unless you're getting water.
We specifically allow you to use Enro Mask or Vogmask which tout heightened filtration close to or equal to N95s. Those are specific brands. They aren't inexpensive. We strongly recommend you use masks that meet the specs mentioned above.
- Self reporting
- If you have symptoms or test positive in the week prior to the dance, do not come! While at the dance, if you begin to have symptoms or test positive, please self quarantine immediately!
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you test positive or are feeling sick – to tell us why you won't be dancing.
What people ask
The bottom line: Most of the things you need to do are possible, but there are some sharp edges in here too. If you don't know how to do something, please ask rather than just poking at things to see what happens.
- Need to change your contact info, dance role, home-club etc?
- » If you have made a site account,
and then Edit your profile (or use link at top of page).
If you have not made a site account, contact a registrar.
- Need to change your password?
- » You can do that from the Edit Profile page, or here
- Need to Update your housing status?
- Start at the CCW main page then login, then visit the Check Housing link and make sure that you keep the ask/offer/none matched to the number of beds needed/offered.
- Online and I don't get along. Can I register using a paper form?
- Yep. Print this and mail it along with a check. https://ccw.corvallisfolklore.org/static//ccw-register.pdf
- How do I pay?
- » Either Make a check to “CFS” and mail it to
Frank and Karen Griswold
6575 NW Mountain Laurel Pl
Corvallis OR, 97330
» Or Pay online.
For the 2023 weekend, your payment can be made here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8SD3G68GY22S4
You must replace PayPal's "Price per item" with the correct amount and be sure your contact info there will allow us to find your registration here! (We can only see the name and email you gave PayPal)
- Where is the schedule?
- » https://ccw.corvallisfolklore.org/static/schedule_2023.html
- Larks and robins or gents and ladies?
- » All the sessions will be taught and called with lark and robin terminology.
- May I bring my pet?
- » Not to the dance venues, please. Not all dancers will enjoy dealing with your pet, so please leave it home.
- Will there be (a specific) session/workshop?
- » "Maybe". There will be dance sessions that emphasize some aspect(s) of contra dancing. There will be workshops with musicians, and usually a callers brown bag lunch. We always work with the callers and musicians to have sessions that they like and we think people will enjoy.
- Are the potlucks vegan / gluten free / happening this year…?
- » Sadly, there well be no potlucks this year. You'll have to find your own meals.
- Ask any question, fix something not mentioned above, suggest an addition to this list or anything else?
- » Please contact the registrar:
Phone: 541 250 0213 (after 10:00 AM PST)
How do you do admissions?
- In "priority order"
- The majority of dancers who have signed up and paid are added to the roster in priorty order.
How to pay
- What's "priority order"?
- Your priority order is determined by when you signed up. If your payment is 10 or more days late, your priority order is based on the timestamp of an online transaction or the postmark when you send a check.
- Role balancing
- We no longer do "role balancing".
- Waiting list
- Dancers who signed up and paid but were not admitted in the first pass are added to the waiting list in random order.
- You are notified by email when you are admitted or put onto the waiting list. We try to get that done by three weeks after signups open. Failing that, we try really hard to get it done by Christmas… or if the signup period goes on longer, soon after we receive your payment.
- Early admission
- We may admit you "early", if you ask. The most common reason is because you need to know in order to make travel plans. If you think you have a good reason, please ask.
- Will this change?
- Probably. We will try to keep this document current. If it looks wrong, please contact the registrar.
Are my chances of getting in better if…
- … I sign up as early as possible?
- Yes. Signup starts just after midnight on the day the website mentions, and continues until we have signups for about 110% of the number of dancers who will be accepted. Some dancers will be on the waiting list.
- … I'm part of a dance couple?
- Not really. Signing up as a group / couple is about whether you want to be sure you and your group will all attend or not attend, together.
- … I offer a donation?
- No, though we are a 501(c)(3) orgainzation and welcome donations.
- … I offer housing for out of town dancers?
- No, though we do very much welcome that!
- … I tell you my preferred dance role is "lead"?
- No. In many earlier dances, "lead" dancers were able to sign up later and still get in. More recently, that has not been the case.
- … What about chocolate?
- No, though it is good to bring some chocolate or other individually packaged food to share throughout the weekend.
When signups have closed
We try to close signups after we have a "sufficient" number of dancers on the waiting list to fill blanks when dancers have to drop out: You are not guaranteed a place at the dance just because you were able to sign up. We do try to guess what "sufficient" will be so as not to disappoint very many dancers.
|Year||Date closed†||Days open†|
|2013||December 6th||36 *|
|2012||December 26th||50 *|
|Earlier||(December / January)||50 or more|
† Approximate for some dances|
* Signups opened 1 November before 2014