2009 Corvallis Contra Weekend
February 13, 14, 15
Two contra bands, Two contra callers
The Groovemongers Trio
(New York and Rhode Island)
- C.W. Abbott - mandolin, guitar, Jane Knoeck - piano, accordion, Rebecca McCallum – fiddle. Contra music with driving rhythm and danceability. A band with multi-cultural influences and a love of improvisation, contra meets world beat with energy and flair.
(Seattle and San Francisco)
- Eric Anderson -- piano, Sande Gillette – fiddle, Alan Roberts – fiddle, Betsy Cooper – flute. One of the hottest groups in the Pacific Northwest. Their music is smooth and perfect. The fiddlers’ groove keeps the dancers' feet moving, the piano keeps the excitement building, propelling the dancers into the Zone
- Whenever Erik Weberg calls, the hall is packed with dancers, who know the evening is sure to be a great one. Erik chooses dances that are tailor-made for the occasion at hand, matching the dances to experience level of the crowd and providing a wealth of variety in the program. (If he doesn't have a dance that suits his needs, he will write one-many of these are widely called.) His teaching is exceptionally encouraging, clear, and concise making it easy for all to gain a sense of mastery while keeping momentum rolling throughout the evening.
- Lisa is a contra dance caller from the Boston area known for her high-energy calling and articulate teaching. Lisa has been treating dancers across the country to her concise yet witty calling for many years. Her rich repertoire, succinct teaching, and commitment to community- building make her a dance favorite.
- Mark plays music in (and runs sound for) several bands, and knows how much difference good sound can make. We have yet to convert him to dancing, though he certainly gets up and taps his feet to our bands!
Flier: This is the 2009 Flier... If we have one on file; otherwise, it is a dead link.