2014 Corvallis Contra Weekend
February 14, 15, 16
Two contra bands, Two contra callers
- The Moving Violations have a playful energy that transcends borders of countries and encourages spontaneity and improvisation. Driving double fiddle harmonies, strong rhythm, affectionate abandon and occasional silliness prevails. Original compositions as well as Celtic, Eastern European, Swedish, Klezmer, and Classical are all fair game for The Moving Violations.
The Moving Violations are Van Kaynor, fiddle; Ron Grosslein, fiddle and mandolin; Chuck Corman, bass, guitar, percussion; Eric Eid-Reiner: Piano
- From dance floors to concert halls, the Syncopaths bring a fresh, contemporary spin to music and songs rooted in the Scottish, Irish, and American folk traditions. The exuberant joy they derive from the music and each other is palpable and contagious. They are known for their high energy music, jamming attitude and imaginative arrangements. They've taken their music throughout California and much of the country. The Syncopaths are: Ashley Broder (Mandolin), Ryan McKasson (fiddle), Christa Burch (vocals, bodhran), and Jeffrey Spero (keyboard).
- Cis Hinkle has delighted contra and square dancers since 1985 with her skilled teaching, welcoming manner, playful enthusiasm, and masterful selection of dances. She is in great demand at music and dance festivals all over the US, England, and Denmark. When not on the road, Cis teaches t'ai chi classes in her native Atlanta, Georgia.
(San Francisco, CA)
- The only thing larger than Lynn’s amazing assortment of colorful, patterned socks is her huge collection of great contras and exciting squares.
- Alan is a fiddle player (plays with Southwest Passage) and dancer in addition to being an excellent sound man. He is aware of the nuances that make us all happy, and is able to provide a great experience for the callers, band members and dancers.
Flier: This is the 2014 Flier... If we have one on file; otherwise, it is a dead link.